If you have recently graduated with a business administration degree, you may be feeling overwhelmed when it comes to figuring out what type of career path to pursue. Luckily, there are many different options available to those who hold a business admin degree.
In this post we will explore the various careers that can be pursued with this degree and offer tips on how best to utilize your skillset in order to make an impact in the professional world.
By understanding what opportunities are available after graduating from a business admin program, readers can gain insight into potential job roles and potential employers who value their qualifications for these positions.
- A business administration degree gives you a broad understanding of the core principles and skillset required to succeed in any modern business environment.
- With more businesses adopting technology, knowledge on how to properly manage digital operations is essential for success, which can be obtained through a business administration degree.
- Business administrators are highly sought after due to their ability to create strategies that improve efficiencies and develop innovative ways of doing things.
- This degree will give graduates an edge over their peers when it comes time for job interviews as employers look for candidates with strong problem-solving abilities gained from courses taken in this field of study.
- After completing your studies, you will have access to numerous career opportunities such as management consulting, finance manager or marketing manager positions in diverse organizations offering competitive salaries and attractive benefits packages following completion of the program.
12 Jobs You Can Do With Business Admin Degree
1. Procurement Officer
A Procurement Officer is a great job for someone with a Business Administration degree. As a Procurement Officer, you would be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with vendors to ensure the timely delivery of goods or services needed by an organization.
You would also negotiate contracts and manage vendor performance to get the best price possible on items purchased. With your business administration degree, you will have the skills necessary to succeed in this role such as understanding financial statements, market analysis and strategic planning.
Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers to ensure the company obtains quality materials at competitive prices.
- Research new potential vendors for goods and services, meeting all relevant industry regulations.
- Provide timely reports on procurement activities to stakeholders, ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
Procurement Officer Median Salary$60,208 Annual
2. Marketing Manager
A business administration degree provides a great foundation for those looking to become a marketing manager. This job entails managing the promotion and advertising of products or services, as well as developing effective strategies for market research, brand recognition, and customer service.
With this degree, you can gain an understanding of how businesses are run in order to develop successful marketing plans that will help companies reach their goals. Your expertise in budgeting and financial analysis will also be invaluable when it comes time to negotiate contracts with vendors or other outside entities.
Marketing Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies to meet the organization’s goals.
- Monitor customer trends and feedback, analyze market data, and adjust product offering accordingly.
- Manage online presence through website content creation, search engine optimization (SEO), social media management, email campaigns, etc.
Marketing Manager Median Salary$68,576 Annual
An Accountant is a great career option for those with a business administration degree. With this degree, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become an accountant, such as financial analysis, strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting.
As an accountant, you can provide essential services to businesses by helping them manage their finances and stay organized so that they can remain profitable through difficult times. Furthermore, accounting professionals enjoy relatively high salaries and job security since there is always a need for qualified accountants in the workplace.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain accurate financial records for clients.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and tax returns in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Analyze business operations to help clients identify areas of potential cost savings or revenue enhancement opportunities.
Accountant Median Salary$59,335 Annual
4. Operations Manager
As an operations manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations and activities within an organization, such as overseeing supply chain logistics, scheduling resources and personnel to meet organizational goals, implementing cost-saving measures and procedures, managing staff performance and more.
With a business administration degree, you have the knowledge needed to succeed in this role by understanding how different departments interact with each other across the company or organization.
Operations Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Monitor the performance of operations staff to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and quality standards are met.
- Create reports to showcase overall organizational performance in areas such as production output or customer service metrics.
Operations Manager Median Salary$67,389 Annual
5. Office Administrator
A business admin degree can lead to a career as an Office Administrator. This job requires excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
Responsibilities may include managing office supplies, ordering equipment and managing contractors, dealing with customer queries, providing administrative support for meetings and events, taking care of paperwork such as contracts or reports, coordinating travel arrangements and more.
Office Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement office policies and procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Manage daily operations, such as scheduling meetings, coordinating staff activities, maintaining records, and preparing reports.
- Supervise administrative personnel and provide professional guidance to ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
Office Administrator Median Salary$41,599Annual
6. Financial Analyst
A Financial Analyst is an ideal career choice for those with a business administration degree. This role involves using analytical techniques and financial models to evaluate current industry trends, forecast company performance, and provide strategic guidance on investments and other decision-making processes.
Financial Analysts must possess strong skills in data analysis and mathematics as well as excellent communication abilities. With the right qualifications, knowledge of the sector, and experience gained from internships/simulated projects during university studies, individuals can really thrive as Financial Analysts with a business administration degree.
Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Analyze financial statements, budgets and cash flow management processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Develop cost-saving strategies to increase profitability and reduce expenses.
- Prepare detailed reports summarizing findings and recommendations for senior management’s review.
Financial Analyst Median Salary$72,866 Annual
7. Management Analyst
Management Analysts play an important role in helping organizations reach their goals. Management Analysts use data, research and problem-solving skills to analyze operations and create strategies for improvement. With a business administration degree, you’ll have the necessary foundation to pursue this exciting career path.
You can develop your analytical skills by taking courses in accounting, economics and marketing as part of your degree program. Additionally, getting experience through internships or volunteer work will help you build essential skills that are valuable while pursuing a management analyst position after graduation.
Management Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Evaluate current operations and identify areas of improvement to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop business strategies, plans, and models to achieve desired organizational goals.
- Analyze financial data to forecast trends and inform decisions related to budgeting, resource allocation, staffing needs, etc.
Management Analyst Median Salary$73,845 Annual
8. Human Resources Manager
A Human Resources Manager is a great career opportunity for someone with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. The role involves managing the employees and developing strategies to ensure that the company meets their workforce needs.
As an HR Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting, training, evaluating employee performance, ensuring fair and safe working conditions, enforcing policies and procedures, coordinating benefits programs as well as resolving conflicts between management and employees. With your business administration degree, you can make sure that any organization you work for runs its best!
Human Resources Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies, and procedures in accordance with business objectives.
- Conduct recruitment activities including sourcing candidates, interviewing, and hiring qualified personnel.
- Administer employee benefit plans such as health insurance, retirement plans, and vacation time tracking.
Human Resources Manager Median Salary$74,144 Annual
9. Sales manager
If you’re looking for an opportunity to apply your business administration knowledge, a role as a sales manager might be the perfect fit. Sales managers are responsible for setting sales goals and managing their team’s efforts in meeting them.
This job requires strong interpersonal skills, negotiation abilities, and decision-making capabilities, all of which can be developed with a business admin degree. You’ll also need excellent leadership qualities that are essential for developing effective strategies to drive sales growth. With the right qualifications, taking on a career as a sales manager is definitely achievable with this degree!
Sales manager Job Responsibilities
- Establish and implement sales strategies to drive business growth.
- Monitor market trends and recommend changes to product offerings and pricing models accordingly.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, customers, vendors, and partners to strengthen the organization’s reputation in the industry.
Sales manager Median Salary$1,17,346 Annual
10. Market Research Analyst
A Market Research Analyst is an excellent career option for those with a business administration degree. They are responsible for helping businesses understand the needs and wants of their customers by collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data relevant to customer behavior. This includes conducting surveys, interviews, focus groups and more in order to gain detailed insights into target markets.
Furthermore, they will use their findings to make recommendations on how best to develop products or services that meet customer demands. With the right skillset and knowledge gained from a business administration degree, this job can be extremely rewarding both financially and intellectually!
Market Research Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Develop and execute market research projects to gain insights into customer needs, preferences, and buying behaviors
- Analyze data from surveys, interviews, focus groups, online polls, etc. to identify trends in the marketplace
- Present findings to management team members and provide actionable recommendations for business strategies.
Market Research Analyst Median Salary$60,686 Annual
11. Industrial Production Managers
Industrial Production Managers are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant. With a business administration degree, this role can be filled with ease. Job duties include developing production schedules and tracking daily progress, monitoring inventory levels, and assessing cost-effectiveness.
Industrial Production Managers must also ensure quality standards are met while meeting production deadlines and maintaining safety regulations in the workplace. This is an exciting job where you will gain invaluable experience managing employees in a fast-paced environment.
Industrial Production Managers Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize production processes, schedules, and costs.
- Monitor personnel performance within the industrial production environment to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers in order to secure cost-effective materials for production needs.
Industrial Production Managers Median Salary$64,202 Annual
12. Business Consultant
Business Consultants are in high demand, as they provide invaluable advice and strategies to businesses of all sizes. With a degree in business administration, you could become a successful Business Consultant, helping companies improve their operations or create new products or services.
You will need strong analytical skills and an understanding of the fundamentals of business strategy and operations to excel in this role. Additionally, you should have excellent communication skills so you can effectively collaborate with clients and stakeholders throughout the process.
Business Consultant Job Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and advice on strategic business decisions to ensure the successful growth of an organization.
- Analyze market trends and develop reports outlining opportunities for a company’s success.
- Design and implement effective management systems tailored to meet specific organizational goals.