Are you confused about what to do with your digital marketing degree? You’re not alone. With the rise of technology and online platforms, digital marketing has quickly become one of the most popular fields for recent graduates.
But once you have your degree in hand, what can you really do with it? Don’t worry – we’re here to help! In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the best available options for those who have earned a digital marketing degree.
- A digital marketing degree provides the skills and knowledge necessary to build a successful career in this rapidly growing field.
- You will learn the fundamentals of digital marketing, such as search engine optimization (SEO), social media management, email marketing, content creation, web analytics and more.
- Digital marketers often play an important role in driving sales by creating advertising campaigns tailored to specific markets or audiences using various platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager.
- A digital marketing degree can equip you with transferable skills that are highly sought-after by employers in other industries such as data analysis, problem-solving and project management – making it one of the most versatile degrees available today.
- With a digital marketing degree, you’ll learn best practices for developing content strategies, optimizing campaigns, understanding analytics data and tracking ROI.
10 Jobs You Can Do With A Digital Marketing Degree
1. Advertising Manager
As an Advertising Manager, you can take your Digital Marketing degree and apply it to the real world. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing campaigns that promote a company’s products or services. You’ll need to have good communication skills in order to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
Additionally, you must be knowledgeable about various advertising media such as television, radio, print ads, digital marketing platforms like SEO & SEM strategies, and online display ads. With your Digital Marketing degree in hand, you are well-equipped to become an effective Advertising Manager!
Advertising Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns to promote the company’s products or services online.
- Monitor analytics and measure the effectiveness of your campaigns to optimize results.
- Research, identify, and utilize emerging technologies in digital marketing to stay ahead of competition.
Advertising Manager Median Salary$61,137 Annual
2. Content Manager
As a Content Manager, you can use your digital marketing degree to create engaging and informative content for websites, blogs, or other online publications. You will be responsible for managing the overall quality of content, coordinating with authors and editors to ensure accuracy and consistency in messages across platforms, and optimizing content through analytics.
With a digital marketing degree you’ll have the knowledge needed to develop cutting-edge strategies that leverage new technologies and drive conversions. Your skillset will enable you to create powerful campaigns that engage audiences around the world.
Content Manager Job Responsibilities
- Create and manage website content, including text, images, videos, audio files, and other digital assets.
- Develop strategies to optimize content for search engine visibility.
- Analyze web analytics data to track the performance of content against key marketing objectives.
Content Manager Median Salary$62,687 Annual
3. Digital Media Analyst
Digital Media Analysts are an integral part of the digital media landscape. They help businesses and organizations develop, execute and measure their online marketing strategies. A Digital Media Analyst must possess a thorough understanding of analytics software, web platforms, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and social media metrics to ensure that campaigns are running smoothly at all times.
With a degree in Digital Marketing you can become an expert at these tasks and there are many roles you can work in such as content creation, PPC management or paid advertising analysis; making this a great option for someone looking to break into the industry.
Digital Media Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Analyze digital media performance to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for growth.
- Develop comprehensive strategies to optimize campaigns across various digital platforms.
- Monitor competitors’ activities and develop insights around industry trends in order to inform strategic decisions.
Digital Media Analyst Median Salary$60,086 Annual
4. Digital Marketing Director
A Digital Marketing Director is a highly sought-after career for those with a digital marketing degree. This position involves developing and executing digital strategies to drive traffic, increase sales, and build brand awareness across multiple channels such as search engine optimization, social media marketing, content creation, and email campaigns.
As the Digital Marketing Director you will be responsible for creating an overall vision of success by utilizing customer insights along with technical skills to develop effective digital plans that are tailored to each client’s needs. With a digital marketing degree in hand you can move into this exciting role which offers an opportunity to shape the next generation of online brands!
Digital Marketing Director Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies that align with the company’s objectives.
- Oversee all online advertising campaigns, SEO/SEM initiatives, website development and social media activities.
- Track and analyze customer engagement metrics to optimize digital marketing performance and ROI.
Digital Marketing Director Median Salary$117,696 Annual
5. VR Developer
As a VR Developer, you can utilize your digital marketing degree to create immersive virtual reality experiences for consumers. From creating interactive 3D worlds to designing stories that allow users to explore and interact with the environment, you can use your knowledge of digital marketing concepts such as SEO, social media optimization, and analytics to craft engaging content in the virtual world.
This job requires creativity, technical knowledge, and communication skills which are all key components of a successful digital marketer. With the right guidance from mentors and access to various online resources, this career path can be an exciting challenge for someone with a digital marketing degree.
VR Developer Job Responsibilities
- Develop virtual reality content and experiences for digital marketing campaigns.
- Monitor the effectiveness of VR content in achieving desired results from those campaigns, and suggest improvements where necessary.
- Design innovative user interfaces that enable consumers to interact with the brand in a unique way using VR technology.
VR Developer Median Salary$81,467 Annual
6. SEO Specialist
A digital marketing degree is a great way to start a career as an SEO specialist. This job entails optimizing websites so that they appear higher on search engine results pages, resulting in more organic traffic for the company or client.
An SEO specialist should be highly skilled at understanding what makes websites rank well and have excellent copywriting, technical, and analytical skills. With a digital marketing degree and guidance from professionals already working in the field, one can quickly hone their skills to become successful in this profession.
SEO Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective SEO strategies to increase website traffic and improve search engine rankings.
- Perform keyword research and analysis to identify relevant keywords for optimizing digital content assets, including websites, blogs, landing pages, and online ads.
- Monitor analytics data to assess the performance of SEO initiatives; adjust strategies accordingly in order to achieve desired results.
SEO Specialist Median Salary$56,578 Annual
7. Email Marketing Specialist
A Digital Marketing Degree can be a great asset to those interested in pursuing a career as an Email Marketing Specialist. This job requires that you have the technical knowledge of email marketing software and campaigns, including automation, segmentation, engagement metrics and optimization tactics. You must also understand best practices for list building and message development.
With this degree, you will learn all these skills plus develop additional digital marketing experts such as search engine optimization (SEO), web analytics, content strategy, or paid media advertising. Ultimately, you will use your acquired knowledge to reach targeted audiences with engaging emails that generate positive ROI through improved customer engagement.
Email Marketing Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns across multiple channels to increase customer engagement and convert leads into sales.
- Create content for email newsletters, promotional offers, surveys, and other automated emails.
- Analyse and report on the performance of campaigns, optimizing for click-through rate (CTR), open rate (OR), delivery rate (DR), and overall ROI.
Email Marketing Specialist Median Salary$59,121 Annual
8. Artificial Intelligence Specialist
An Artificial Intelligence Specialist is a great career choice for someone with a digital marketing degree. This job requires the applicant to have knowledge of different AI and ML opportunities in order to develop strategies, leverage insights, and build automation tools that can improve customer experience.
In addition to their technical abilities, they must also possess strong communication skills in order to collaborate with various departments and stakeholders. With this role, an individual can make use of their digital marketing education by understanding consumer behavior as well as leveraging data-driven decisions when developing efficient AI solutions.
Artificial Intelligence Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Develop marketing strategies utilizing AI technology to maximize conversions and ROI.
- Analyze customer data to identify trends, segment audiences and derive insights for targeted campaigns.
- Design experiments to measure the effectiveness of AI-based approaches against traditional digital marketing tactics.
Artificial Intelligence Specialist Median Salary$89,580 Annual
9. E-commerce manager
This role involves managing the online operations of a business, from creating and maintaining websites to driving more customers and sales through digital channels. With this job title, you will also have the responsibility for setting up effective marketing strategies that help drive greater customer engagement and loyalty.
You’ll also be responsible for ensuring all customer data is collected correctly, processed effectively, and securely stored according to GDPR regulations. As such, you need to have good knowledge of eCommerce platforms as well as key skills in digital marketing techniques such as search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising (PPC), or social media management.
E-commerce manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to increase customer engagement and conversion rates on e-commerce sites.
- Monitor the performance of campaigns, analyze data, identify trends, and develop solutions for optimization.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors, agencies, and other stakeholders involved in digital marketing initiatives related to e-commerce platforms.
E-commerce manager Median Salary$68,648 Annual
10. UX Designer
UX Designers are responsible for creating functional and user-friendly websites and applications, as well as developing new digital products. With a degree in Digital Marketing, you can develop the skills needed to become an effective UX designer.
A good understanding of web design principles, software development tools, and technologies, user experience research methods, visual communication design principles, and analytics will enable you to create high-quality interactive experiences for users of websites or mobile apps. In addition to these essential skillsets, knowledge of marketing strategies is also helpful when planning product launches or campaigns.
UX Designer Job Responsibilities
- Develop user-focused, data-driven strategies to ensure a positive customer experience across digital channels.
- Design and optimize webpages and other digital content for usability and conversions.
- Analyze market analytics to identify key trends in user behavior to inform marketing decisions.